Wednesday, September 12, 2007




I'm Sad



I’m removing a blog-link from my sidebar at the end of this week-- the personal blog of my friend and coworker Greg Davis. In his blog, Greg set out to journal his battle with cancer with the hope of glorifying the Lord, uplifting others, and processing his own pain. It’s a beautiful blog, and the insights he shares are rich and real. Sadly, there are not that many entries, as Greg’s cancer was diagnosed late in the disease’s development, and his chemotherapy treatments were aggressive and brutal.

Yesterday, on September 11th, Greg passed away. My heart aches for the terrible and painful trial my friend had to endure at the end of his life, for his daughters, and for his friends. He faced it all quite bravely, and was surrounded by people who loved him throughout the course of his illness.

If you’d like to see an example of Greg’s beautiful artwork, follow this link and then choose a video to download (free). One of Greg’s gifts was a love for photography and another a love for poetry. He found a beautiful way to blend the two in the videos.

Tomorrow is Greg’s memorial service. Please pray that God would comfort those who attend and that Greg’s family would be upheld in their grief by Christ. It will be a time of remembrance and goodbyes. For my friend Greg, I'm happy, for "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." 2 Cor. 5:8. For the rest of us, I'm sad.

1 comment:

  1. Im crying just reading this...even if you cant.
    You are a beautifully poetic writer v.

    ReplyDelete