Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Little Vacation Time


On Saturday, we will take our yearly vacation to the beach. Earlier in the summer I whined and complained that there would be no vacation this year, as things were just too tight financially. However, the Lord provided enough money through my teaching privately in June and July to be able to swing a condo for a week in Sanibel! (I also managed to find a kind-hearted renter who would discount the rate for a week to something we could afford.) So, we're beginning to pull our things together and get excited about a trip. This year it will be just Don, Marla, Hannah (family friend), and me. Sam's job at Valencia does not include vacation time, and Dan's just started a new job, so we'll miss having them along.


The condo's right on the beach-- a first for us, so we're looking forward to sunsets just outside our door and shelling in the early mornings. We'll take lots of pictures and post them along the way if the internet service is good.

School starts on the 18th for me, so this last minute trip is a gift in many ways. I hope to rest, recharge, and find myself ready to tackle the year's challenges when we return.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to spend a whole week with the people I love dearly! We are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete