Wednesday, October 03, 2007



Enough rain already.

I'd like the gorgeous weather of the weekend to come back, please. A rainy day's not bad when it's just that-- a rainy day. But when the day becomes plural, then it becomes depressing-- especially if I have to get out in it.

Sigh. I have this terrible urge to quote Karen Carpenter.

Don, however, is wishing for more. If it continues to rain, the lake levels will rise, fishing will improve, and brushfires will not be such a threat. Okay, I can buy that, but I still want sunshine-- It lifts my spirit. I think it's supposed to be beautiful again here by Saturday, so at least we'll have a lovely weekend to go outside and play.

I decided this morning to try to look for reasons to be thankful for the rain... here's what I've come up with in the brief time I have to write:

rain is great for sleeping
I love the sound of a hard rain
everything gets so incredibly green after a few days of rain
frogs sing at night
the air smells great
the car gets a bath
rain is great for reading
Florida thunderstorms are intense, but exciting
the lakes become beautiful again
the weather is just a little bit cooler

Care to add to my list?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Vicki! Please sing some Karen Carpenter. I'd love to hear it. Highly underrated.

    I found myself wanting more rain this week. Where I am right now -- the rain gives me the permission to ponder, to think, to reflect. I used to hate any notion of rain -- but I need a reason to be down -- maybe even to cry (or go hit that punching bag in your back yard). I guess where I am right now, I want to grieve...I want to yell. The rain helps me do that. Wierd, probably. But, I'll take ti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Rainy Days and Monday's Alll Whaayyyssss get me down....

    I love reading on rainy days...the best are rainy days at the beach...oh yum!!

    ReplyDelete