Sunday, September 30, 2007



What a beautiful day! A cool front came through this weekend and I love this weather. The humidity is much lower, the day breezy, and the air smells really fresh. (I’m partial to adjectives today.) Seriously, it really was a spectacular afternoon. I opened up the windows and am right now typing in the breeze. It’s peaceful.

Marla’s friend Elle is over for the afternoon. They’ve been playing in the yard since just after lunch, and are having a great time. A few minutes ago they both came running to me with something intriguing in Marla’s hand.

“Mommy, look what we found—this was in our yard!” she exclaimed. “We think it’s a snail.”

Looking it over, I knew I’d seen these long white snails when working in the yard, usually in the flowerbeds at the base of the trees.

I asked if they’d like to look online to see if we could find out about it, and they happily agreed. It took just a few seconds to Google “treesnails” and there it was.

“Hey, that’s it!” they squealed as they ran back out into the yard to play.

Isn’t it thrilling to see our children discover beauty? Learning is a marvelous thing. I’m happy for our daughter, that she is learning about the world around her and the joy of friendship at an early age.

Everything feels like a gift today. The weather, this morning’s worship service, my time with the girls; even this time at the computer have lifted my spirits. Really, it’s been a beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. Hasnt it though...I know exactly how you feel today! Like food for the soul.

    ReplyDelete