Thursday, September 27, 2007

Martina McBride - In My Daughter's Eyes (LIVE)

Today I was thinking about how much we see of ourselves in our children. Our sons Daniel and Sam are such wondrous fusions of our DNA and personalities. I love watching them grow as young men, and seeing things that make me think of their Dad and myself.

Our daughter is adopted, and I have often been amazed at how much she seems like us. She smiles like me, resembles Don in the face, and says things constantly that are things we say and do. What I love seeing most is her love and passion for life. It's intoxicating.

I heard this song today and was quickly moved to tears. I hope it speaks to the hearts of my friends who are parents, and my friends who will someday have children.

Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for making me cry at 6:20 A.M. Oh man, did that touch my heart!! From one adoptive mom to another...I totally get you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song, V. Isn't it funny how we gift some things to our children through genetics and some through life experience. They are ours, regardless of how they come to us!

    ReplyDelete