Friday, August 22, 2008



Tropical Depression- definition: the state of mind I fall into after a week of Fay


I really don’t care for rainy weather. It makes me feel gloomy and I tend to eat more to combat the feeling of confinement that sets in after just a few days.

This afternoon after work I ventured out into the carport to get some fresh air and I saw a glimmer of hope! A patch of blue sky was peeking through the rain clouds as they moved across the sky. It was back to grey after a few minutes, but the glimpse of clear sky lifted my spirits and I felt some of the dreariness fall away from my shoulders.

The weather has even affected our little maltese mix, Amos. He has been sending me the “I need to go out” message for the past little bit. So, it’s time for me to don the big poncho and walk the dog. I’ve switched to the poncho because an umbrella is useless in this gusty rain. Walking him in this storm has been kind of funny…

Although he really needs to go, he balks when we start out into the rain, locking his legs up and refusing to move. I have to pick him up and carry him far enough away from the house for him to understand the futility of resistance. Once in the rain, he looks and acts miserable, gingerly sniffing at dripping leaves and picking up his feet like a cat. He looks at me reproachfully several times during the outing while the deluge pours around us, as if to say, “Really, no one should have to do this.”

Before walk





After walk

I'm hoping for sunshine soon.

2 comments:

  1. what a cute dog/drowned rat of a puppy! He is yummo!!! Im laughing at the poncho cause I did the exact same thing today...umbrella = useless. Love seeing you daily again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Vicki! I found your blog through Amy... (Shaun played on the worship team some.)

    Your dog is so cute!! We just got a new puppy, too... a Golden Retriever and he is a handful!! Very sweet, but a puppy. :)

    ReplyDelete