Thursday, April 30, 2009





Teach me your ways O Lord,
That I may love those who persecute me,
Pray for those who wish to do me harm,
And live in a manner that reflects whose I am.

May I never stop learning about your mercy and grace.
May the beauty of your Word always lift my spirit,
May I know your peace all my days.

Show me my sins that I choose to ignore--
The ones that I hide so well as to even fool myself.
And help me to reflect your beauty in humilty.

For you are wisdom, power, holiness, goodness, and truth.
You speak and the very elements of nature obey you.
You set the stars in their places and the planets on their paths.
You made all things.
Nothing can escape your hand.

Yet you love me intimately, as if I were your only child.
You cause me to draw breath and know every fiber of my being.
I am held together by you.

Help me to love you truly as you love me,
And to love others with the same love I feel for myself.
Help me to forgive for I have been forgiven much
and to rest in your love which you have lavished on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment